What is meta-analysis?
Meta-analysis is a statistical approach for combining results of numerous studies. A meta-analysis can use existing data to provide robust clinical and economic measures regarding the current standard of care as well as insights into the impact of your product in actual use. These insights can then be translated into payor and facility communications.
Why use meta-analysis?
Meta-analysis is a useful tool for synthesizing a body of evidence to enable better decision making and communication around:
- Product effectiveness
- Outcomes driving utilization and reimbursement decision
- Burden of illness/market size
Advantages of meta-analysis of existing studies:
Using a meta-analysis can offer benefits over a single study including:
- Increased precision and accuracy of results (i.e., increased statistical power)
- Making use of seemingly disparate data from different populations
- Generalizability to a larger population
- Improved information on population subgroups
While DDA has decades of experience in designing and conducting original observational studies and randomized controlled trials, we are also experts at maximizing existing data to prove and communicate product value to key stakeholders and policy makers.